We are looking for a senior full stack developer with a proven track record of developing React Native mobile applications and backend services using Amazon Web Services. As we are a small, but growing team you will be responsible for the maintenance and support of existing app features as well as planning and scoping new feature additions and iterations.
You will be working closely with our team, alongside a world class design agency, to launch a meditation and lifestyle application. Applicants should have a proven track record working on large scale, consumer facing products with complex and intuitive UX/UI. Applicants should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, where each individual has a lot of influence and responsibility to deliver. You will play an extremely vital role in the development and release of this application. Since there is an existing global community waiting for this application, the app will have an immediate, engaged user base.
The AWS backend is built using a serverless approach using AppSync (GraphQL), DynamoDB, Cognito and Lambda. Local development and stack deployment is managed using the Serverless framework, and CI pipelines have been implemented using CircleCI and Bitrise. You will become responsible for all of the working elements of the system and the accounts associated with the architecture.
You are passionate about creating beautiful, modern, and intuitive user interfaces on web and mobile devices. You are comfortable with cross platform development (for iOS and Android), and enjoy solving the challenges that come with such a codebase. You understand how the AWS suite of products is structured, and can show experience writing fully tested scalable code using relevant AWS products and services. You understand API architecture, and can take a data model and translate it into reusable and flexible components. You enjoy shipping clean, readable and reusable code. You are comfortable working on a distributed team spread across time zones and cultures. You are excited to use technology to have a positive impact in the world as a whole, and in an intimate way for each individual.
Skills and Requirements
Bonus points if you have
- Proven experience in Frontend and Backend Technology (React, React Native and NodeJS/AWS Serverless).
- Proven track record working with serverless applications in an AWS environment
- Familiarly with the GraphQL and REST
- Experience with unit and integration test tools
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- An understanding of best practice DevOps process, and some experience writing CI/CD scripts
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient with code versioning tools (Git)
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- 3-5 years of testing and deploying code in a large scale production environment
- Experience working in a global non-profit, working with a remote team or in a multinational organization preferred
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Experience with native iOS or Android development
- Data architecture
- CRM integration and lead/customer nurturing
- Knowledge of the Transcendental Meditation® organization, meditation, or some form of healthy living
If you are passionate about this work but do not have all of the skills listed we are still interested in speaking with you and encourage you to apply!
Pay and Benefits
Our pay levels are set according to a formula that combines above-median market rate data for the role (we pay 55th percentile of New York market rate for this role, based on Payscale data) adjusted for your local cost of living based on Numbeo data.
We take the issue of equitable pay very seriously, and we apply our pay formula to all workers who work 80% or more of full time hours with us.
Diversity and Inclusion
We care about diversity - we strive to ensure all of our team feel included and can bring their whole selves to work but we also know that this work is never ‘done’ or complete, and that we can always improve.
Our team is fully remote, living and working across 20 countries across the world, and we’d love to hear how you can add to our special culture at MFI.
Maharishi Foundation International (MFI) is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) organisations. Over the past 60 years, more than 10 million people worldwide have learned the TM technique through personal instruction by tens of thousands of certified teachers.
MFI is a growing, fully remote team of over 50 people, located around the globe but mainly in North America and Europe. As an organisation we are committed to leveraging modern technology and progressive management practices to make the TM technique and its related programmes more available to people everywhere.
We favor a healthy and balanced work environment with opportunities for personal development.